K&N's Machining Capability
With a lathe capable of turning equipment up to 8 feet in diameter, 35 feet in length, and weights up to 50,000 lbs, it is easy to see that we are serious about our machine shop. While we can perform any needed electric motor machining process, many of our customers have come to rely on our machine shop for a myriad of their non-motor related mechanical needs. We can build the same type of reliability into your driven mechanical equipment that we have been building into motors for over 60 years.
Machine shop capabilities:
- Horizontal Milling
- Vertical Milling
- Face Milling
- Welding services
- Ceramic coating
- Hard Facing
- Planing to 20'
- Shaft Building
- Line boring
- Key Cutting
Recent major projects:
- Design and manufacture of 400 ton crane cable drum.
- Rebuilt 2,500 HP, 3 stage, vertical turbine pump
- Manufactured and installed new shaft and core for 2,500 HP vertical, synchronous motor
- Manufactured many large components for a selective fish withdrawal system
- Designed and built an expandable aluminum work platform for Hydro generators
- Complete upgrade of a 400 Ton gantry crane at a Hydro site